After a long hiatus from the RPG world, I am back, and eager to jump right back in to things.
I guess I will start off with what I have been reading, and what I have been doing with it;
- Fantasy Craft
- Talislanta - D20, and previous editions
- Adventurer, Conqueror, Kings
- Myth & Magic
- Adventures Dark and Deep
- Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers
- Bare Bones Fantasy
- Basic Fantasy
- Basic Roleplaying
- D&D Rules Cyclopedia
- Dangers & Dweomers
- Dark Dungeons
- Dungeon Crawl Classics
- Labyrinth Lord
- Mazes & Minotaurs
- Monsters & Magic
- Swords & Sorcery
I have to say that I really like RPGs. Even though they all have something great to offer, I think I am still settled with Labyrinth Lord, or Basic Fantasy..but truth be told, I have found enough nuggets of gold in everything I have read, that I will take what I like, and roll it all in to one rule.
Here are some of the pieces I have decided on;
- Ascending armor class - cause it makes more sense to me. Not sure which one I pulled this from.
- Hit points (still working it out, but almost done)
- Magic will be spontaneous casting, and will be powered by spell points. No Vancian Magic. The Talislanta magic system, and Fantasy Craft is what I am reviewing now for inspiration.
- Poison saves
- Weapon Mastery, and special benefits. This is from D&D Cyclopedia
More to come